Salem Radio Network News Sunday, November 30, 2025

World

Yemen’s Houthis say they attacked three ships in Red Sea, Arabian Sea

Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

CAIRO (Reuters) -Yemen’s Iran-allied Houthis said they had launched attacks on three ships in the Red Sea and the Arabian Sea – though shipping giant Maersk dismissed the militants’ report that the targets included one of its vessels.

The Houthis, who control the most populous parts of Yemen, have been attacking shipping in the region for months, in what they say is an act of solidarity with Palestinians fighting Israel in Gaza.

The movement used missiles and drones against two ships – Roza and Vantage Dream – in the Red Sea, military spokesperson Yahya Saree said in a televised address on Wednesday. He did not say when the attacks took place.

Saree his group also used drones against the U.S. vessel Maersk Seletar in the Arabian Sea, again without giving further details.

Maersk’s Media Relations Manager Kevin Doell said on Thursday no such incident had been reported by Maersk Seletar which was pressing on with its voyage.

(Reporting by Enas Alashray and Muhammad Al Gebaly; Editing by Leslie Adler, Toby Chopra and Andrew Heavens)

Previous
Next
The Media Line News
Salem Media, our partners, and affiliates use cookies and similar technologies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, personalize site content, and deliver relevant video recommendations. By using this website and continuing to navigate, you consent to our use of such technologies and the sharing of video viewing activity with third-party partners in accordance with the Video Privacy Protection Act and other privacy laws. Privacy Policy
OK
X CLOSE