5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
California considering a proposal from GM
( ) -q-20- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “as Los Angeles.”
General Motors’ Cruise autonomous vehicle unit has asked California for permission to test the cars across the entire state.
[CutID: <Cuts> GM-CRUISE-house-q-TUEam.mp3
Out-cue: as Los Angeles]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. If granted, the test permit won’t allow Cruise to carry non-employee passengers except in San Francisco. Testing could be done up to 55 miles per hour statewide.
VERBATIM: The GM subsidiary is already running an autonomous ride-hailing service in its hometown of San Francisco after testing for more than two years. It doesn’t have specific plans yet to expand testing in California. But applying with the Department of Motor Vehicles is a step toward entering larger cities such as Los Angeles.
- Safety board: Alabama derailed train lacked needed couplersTue, Mar 21, 2023 at 6:49 am
- IMF to assess Sri Lankan governance as part of $3B bailoutTue, Mar 21, 2023 at 6:48 am
- China says deadly 2022 plane crash still being investigatedMon, Mar 20, 2023 at 10:38 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
Legal, political worlds awaiting possible Trump indictment
Tuesday came and went without any indictment against former President Trump. Tuesday was the focus of the legal and political world because it was the day Trump predicted he would be arrested. But there were no such developments. The grand jury’s work here in New York is pushing toward a conclusion following Monday’s testimony from a lawyer with close ties to key Trump aides. Robert Costello went before the grand jury to undercut the credibility of Michael Cohen, the one time fixer for Trump, who later turned against him.Listen Download
- No protests at Trump Tower on predicted day of arrestTue, Mar 21, 2023 at 1:32 pm
- NYC braces for possible Trump indictment protestsTue, Mar 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
- NYC prepares for possible criminal indictment of TrumpMon, Mar 20, 2023 at 6:27 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
GOP Hopefuls Gather In South Carolina
Republicans who are seeking to lead their party in the 2024 presidential race are gathering in South Carolina this weekend. And they’re promoting a goal that’s at the forefront of their agenda — namely, taking on “woke ideology.” The Vision ’24 event in North Charleston is being held by the group Palmetto Family, which lobbies for what it considers to be “biblical values.” Organizers are describing the gathering as “casting the conservative vision” for the next White House race. More than 400 attendees are expected to hear from presidential hopefuls, including a former South Carolina governor who was Donald Trump’s U.N. ambassador, and tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy.Listen Download
- Fetterman On A “Path To Recovery”, Aides SayMon, Feb 27, 2023 at 5:03 pm
- AG Garland Set To Testify Before Senate PanelMon, Feb 27, 2023 at 4:36 pm
- Oklahoma Sen. Lankford Reads George Washington’s Farewell AddressMon, Feb 27, 2023 at 4:14 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
Former President Trump Kicks Off Campaign Events
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Small groups are in decline at many churches
Small groups are in decline at many churches
VERBATIM: LifeWay Research says America’s Protestant pastors are having a hard time getting people to join small groups. In 2010, just 49% of parishioners at the average church were in a small group. Today it’s only 44%. The pandemic is partly to blame. A lot of folks got used to staying at home and watching services on-line, and some are still doing so. LifeWay spokesman Scott McConnell says “Groups unify a congregation and motivate people to work together.” Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- A lot of pastors are not very happyMon, Mar 20, 2023 at 12:04 pm
- Biden sparks confusion with a story about homosexualityFri, Mar 17, 2023 at 11:18 am
- A new poll charts viewpoint discriminationWed, Mar 15, 2023 at 9:04 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 3-21
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 3-21Listen Download
- WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 3-20Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 5:44 am
- WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 3-17Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 5:41 am
- WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 3-16Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 5:36 am
SportsView More »
AM SPORTSCAST 3-21
AM SPORTSCAST 3-21Listen Download
- AM SPORTSCAST 3-20Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 5:43 am
- AM SPORTSCAST 3-17Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 5:40 am
- AM SPORTSCAST 3-16Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 5:35 am
Follow SRNNews.comSubscribe to our Newsletters RSS Feeds
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Mar 15, 2023