5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
( ) -q-24- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “e-commerce giant Alibaba.”
Japanese investor SoftBank Group has sunk into a deep loss for the October-to-December quarter.
[CutID: <Cuts> JAPAN-SOFTBANK-house-q-TUEam.mp3
Out-cue: e-commerce giant Alibaba]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. Various uncertainties have slammed Japanese companies recently, such as soaring material costs and rising interest rates.
VERBATIM: The company was slammed by the global plunge in technology shares. The 783 billion yen net loss for the fiscal third quarter, was a reversal from a 29 billion yen profit a year earlier. SoftBank invests in hundreds of companies, including mobile carrier SoftBank, web services provider Yahoo, vehicle-for-hire company Didi and Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba.
- UK energy company BP’s profits double to $27.7 billionTue, Feb 7, 2023 at 9:18 am
- Boeing plans to cut about 2,000 finance and HR jobs in 2023Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 9:11 am
- French parliament to debate Macron’s pension reform billMon, Feb 6, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
- White House reacts to deadly Turkey earthquakeMon, Feb 6, 2023 at 10:35 am
- Former Gov. Hogan to decide on White House run soonSun, Feb 5, 2023 at 7:03 am
- U.S. military downs Chinese balloon over Carolina coastSat, Feb 4, 2023 at 6:19 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
- Southwest COO To Appear Before Senate Cmte Over Christmas meltdownFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 5:28 pm
- Sen. Hawley Calls For Homeland Investigation Into Balloon, Biden ResponseFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 4:53 pm
- House Votes To Oust Omar From Foreign Affairs CommitteeThu, Feb 2, 2023 at 4:39 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Satanic imagery was featured at the Grammys again
VERBATIM: The big music awards show took place Sunday night and amongst the performers was Sam Smith, who wore devil’s horns and an all-red costume to sing the song “Unholy”. Last year, rapper Lil’ Nas performed his hit song “Montero”, the video for which includes Nas cavorting with Satan. Critics point out that there have been rock groups that dabbled in satanism for decades, but lately the imagery seems to be coming out in the open — often on network TV. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- U.S. airlines are embracing transgenderismMon, Feb 6, 2023 at 10:21 am
- The Satanic Temple is getting into the abortion businessFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 9:42 am
- Is there an anti-woke rebellion going on in the NHL?Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:09 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 2-7Listen Download