5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
Official figures show that Germany’s economy shrank by 0.2% in the fourth quarter compared with the previous three-month period
The performance by Europe’s biggest economy was worse than expected. Germany’s Federal Statistical Office says gross domestic product shrank for the first time since the first quarter of 2021. That was largely due to a decline in consumer spending, which had supported the economy in the first nine months of 2022. The drop followed GDP growth of 0.5% in the third quarter and 0.1% in the second quarter.
- Myanmar’s economy grew 3% last year and set to repeat in 2023Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 6:07 am
- Amazon beats Q4 revenue estimates, but profits slumpFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 12:33 pm
- Apple suffers 1st quarterly sales decline in nearly 4 yearsFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 12:31 pm
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
Former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan is weighing a 2024 presidential run. Appearing on “The Hugh Hewitt Show” on the Salem Radio Network, Hogan said he was considering a White House campaign and hopes to “make a decision fairly soon.” He also discussed fellow former GOP Governor Nikki Haley, who’s expected to launch her 2024 presidential campaign later this month. Hogan said he’s “glad” to see her in the race and thinks “the more voices, the more people out there the better. Especially people who have executive experience.”Listen Download
- U.S. military downs Chinese balloon over Carolina coastSat, Feb 4, 2023 at 6:19 pm
- January jobs numbers confound Fed’s strategySat, Feb 4, 2023 at 7:03 am
- Republicans demand answers, action on China balloonFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
- Southwest COO To Appear Before Senate Cmte Over Christmas meltdownFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 5:28 pm
- Sen. Hawley Calls For Homeland Investigation Into Balloon, Biden ResponseFri, Feb 3, 2023 at 4:53 pm
- House Votes To Oust Omar From Foreign Affairs CommitteeThu, Feb 2, 2023 at 4:39 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
The Satanic Temple is getting into the abortion business
VERBATIM: The organization says it is opening a telehealth abortion clinic in New Mexico. The Satanists call abortion one of their “rituals” and argue that it should be protected under the First Amendment guarantee of religious freedom. The New Mexico facility will actually be called the “Satanic Abortion Clinic” and will provide abortion pills through the mail for women who seek them. The Satanic Temple says it will also provide funding for women to travel to abortion-friendly states. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- Is there an anti-woke rebellion going on in the NHL?Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:09 am
- The United Methodist Church continues to shrinkTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 9:15 am
- Indictments handed up in attacks on pro-life pregnancy centersFri, Jan 27, 2023 at 9:38 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 2-3Listen Download