5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
( ) -q-20- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “a year ago.”
Tesla has posted record net income for the fourth quarter of last year.
[CutID: <Cuts> TESLA-PROFIT-house-q-THUam.mp3
Out-cue: a year ago]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. Revenue for the quarter was $24.32 billion, which fell short of the $24.67 billion that analysts expected.
VERBATIM: The company predicts additional software-related profits will keep its margins higher than any other automaker. The Austin, Texas, maker of electric vehicles and solar panels said it made $3.69 billion from October through December. Tesla’s profit was 59% more than the same period a year ago.
- Yellen focuses on energy transition in South Africa visitThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 10:06 am
- Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda to step aside, become chairmanThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 10:05 am
- US economy slowed but still grew at 2.9% rate last quarterThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 10:02 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
- Blinken will travel to Mideast amid US concern over violenceThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 11:16 am
- U.S. to send Ukraine 31 M1 Abrams battle tanksWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 12:37 pm
- U.S. poised to approve Abrams tanks for UkraineTue, Jan 24, 2023 at 4:05 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
- McCarthy Says Santos Will Be Removed If He Broke The LawWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 1:15 pm
- Inventors Group Opposes Issa To Chair Intellectual Property SubcommitteeWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 11:43 am
- 49% Of NY Republicans Say Santos Should Step Down Over LiesTue, Jan 24, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
Inflation eased again in December, assuring economic policymakers that price increases are pulling back after soaring to 40-year highs last year. More details from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
The consumer price index shows that inflation cooled last month to 6.5%, as expected, down from 7.1% in November and well below a June peak of 9%.
The Consumer Price Index for all items fell .1 percent, even as gasoline prices are in decline.
The CPI report shows signs that the Federal Reserve’s interest rate increases are cooling the overheated economy.
It was the slowest rate of price increases in more than a year. Inflation is still well above normal levels, and the economy remains vulnerable to shocks that could send prices back up.
Bernie Bennett in Washington.
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
The international governing body of track and field ponders transgenderism
VERBATIM: Officials with World Athletics may place more restrictions on men who want to compete against women. While the new rules under consideration would not place an outright ban on males in female sports, it would establish further limits on who can compete and how. It’s being reported that a new, lower limit on testosterone numbers is in play, amongst other things. World Athletics will reported make a final decision sometime in March. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- America’s parents talk about faith and their childrenWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:48 am
- A new look at abortion and race in AmericaTue, Jan 24, 2023 at 11:39 am
- The vice president makes a change to a famous documentMon, Jan 23, 2023 at 11:12 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 1-26Listen Download