5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
( ) -q-20- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “unchanged from July.”
U.S. job openings unexpectedly rose in August.
[CutID: <Cuts> JOB-OPENINGS-house-q-WEDam.mp3
Out-cue: unchanged from July]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. The inflation fighters at the Federal Reserve want to see the red-hot U.S. job market cool off, reducing pressure on businesses to raise pay.
VERBATIM: The Labor Department says American employers posted 9.6 million job openings in August, up from 8.9 million in July. Economists had expected 8.9 million vacancies in August. The number of layoffs and of people quitting their jobs — a sign of confidence in their prospects — were both essentially unchanged from July.
- Biden says that all 10 drugs targeted for the first Medicare price negotiations will participateWed, Oct 4, 2023 at 9:41 am
- US automakers’ sales rose sharply over the summer, despite high prices and interest ratesWed, Oct 4, 2023 at 9:39 am
- Saudi Arabia says it will maintain production cuts that have helped drive oil prices upWed, Oct 4, 2023 at 8:59 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
The White House is hoping for a quick election of a new speaker of the House of Representatives.
Without addressing the messy, internal politics facing House Republicans, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said President Biden “hopes the House will quickly elect a Speaker.” Once that happens, she said, “he looks forward to working together with them.”
- Hunter Biden pleads not guilty to 3 federal firearms chargesTue, Oct 3, 2023 at 11:59 am
- Biden confers with U.S. allies about continued Ukraine aidTue, Oct 3, 2023 at 11:16 am
- Trump campaign wants RNC to cancel upcoming debatesTue, Oct 3, 2023 at 12:27 am
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
- Newsom Selects Laphonza Butler To Fill Feinstein Senate SeatMon, Oct 2, 2023 at 6:26 pm
- Judge Sets Trial Date For Dem Senator MenendezMon, Oct 2, 2023 at 6:22 pm
- No Compromise. Schumer Prepares To Blame House GOP For ShutdownFri, Sep 1, 2023 at 1:22 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
A flag dispute is resolved in Illinois
VERBATIM: The city council of Galesburg voted 5-2 in favor of allowing a pro-life flag to be flown in front of city hall. A gay pride flag went up over the summer and pro-life advocates used that fact to make their argument. The Rainbow flag was actually on display for the entire month of June. Knox County Right to Life threw its weight behind the flag effort. The Supreme Court recently ruled that cities must offer equal access to their flag poles. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- The fastest growing Southern Baptist churches aren’t southernTue, Oct 3, 2023 at 7:27 am
- Most Americans don’t want kids viewing pornography at schoolMon, Oct 2, 2023 at 11:07 am
- A warning for America’s churchesFri, Sep 29, 2023 at 10:00 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 10-4Listen Download