5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
Tesla says it intends to invest $3.6 billion to expand manufacturing capabilities in Nevada
The company confirmed it plans to produce high volumes of semi-trucks and make enough cell batteries for 2 million light-duty vehicles annually in Nevada. The Austin, Texas, maker of electric vehicles and solar panels posted record net income for the fourth quarter of last year. The Nevada expansion advances Tesla’s plans to make 50,000 trucks in North America in 2024.
- A program targeting non-profits is being terminatedSun, Jan 29, 2023 at 8:20 pm
- UK Treasury chief: Tax cuts must wait for inflation to fallFri, Jan 27, 2023 at 11:44 am
- Low-cost fashion chain H&M reports 4th-quarter lossFri, Jan 27, 2023 at 11:16 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
President Biden will soon be working with a new chief of staff
On Friday, the president announced that Jeff Zients will succeed Ron Klain as White House chief of staff. Klain is leaving after more than two years on the job, which is notorious for its work demands. Zients comes aboard as the president prepares for a likely reelection bid while facing House Republican-led investigations. He also will have to navigate the fallout after the discovery of classified documents in Mr. Biden’s Delaware home and former office. GC, the WH.
- President Biden and House Speaker McCarthy are polar opposites when it comes to the debt ceiling debateSun, Jan 29, 2023 at 8:18 pm
- Biden, McCarthy on opposite ends of debt ceiling debateSun, Jan 29, 2023 at 7:06 am
- Biden to work with new chief of staff soonSun, Jan 29, 2023 at 7:03 am
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
It’s the latest evidence that the Fed’s series of interest rate hikes is slowing the economy. Prices rose 5% last month compared to the previous year, DOWN from the 5.5% year-over-year increase seen in November. It was the third straight drop.Listen Download
- Senator Manchin Seeks To Delay New EV Tax CreditsWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 1:45 pm
- McCarthy Says Santos Will Be Removed If He Broke The LawWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 1:15 pm
- Inventors Group Opposes Issa To Chair Intellectual Property SubcommitteeWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 11:43 am
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Indictments have been handed up in attacks on pro-life pregnancy centers
VERBATIM: A federal grand jury has charged two Florida men with vandalizing pro-life facilities in Winter Haven, Hollywood and Hialeah. Marjorie Dannenfelser of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America says it’s about time, adding “Since the leak of the Dobbs decision eight months ago, there have been at least 79 attacks — including firebombings and threats of violence — on pregnancy centers and other nonprofits working to save lives.” She credits GOP lawmakers for pressuring the Department of Justice. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- The international governing body of track and field ponders transgenderismThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 9:55 am
- America’s parents talk about faith and their childrenWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:48 am
- A new look at abortion and race in AmericaTue, Jan 24, 2023 at 11:39 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 1-27Listen Download