5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
The Rasmussen Reports daily tracking poll for January 30th found that 42% of likely US voters approve of President Biden’s job performance. 54% disapprove. The approval percentage continues to fall after reaching 50% in December of 2022. The drop comes as the discovery of classified documents in mr. Biden’s former office and Delaware home were made public. Former President Trump’s approval rating on that day in his presidency was 43% .Listen Download
- Dutch electronics giant Philips to cut 6,000 jobs worldwideMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:16 am
- China accuses Washington of abusing export controlsMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:14 am
- Adani accuses short-seller Hindenburg of attacking IndiaMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:13 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy will meet with President Biden at the White House this week. Wednesday’s meeting will be their first sit-down since McCarthy became speaker. Topping the agenda is lifting the debt ceiling so the government can pay bills it already incurred. The two leaders have different approaches. The president wants to increase the debt limit without any conditions, while the speaker wants to include spending cuts in any agreement. However, McCarthy is pledging that cuts to Social Security and Medicare will be off the table.Listen Download
- Blinken in Middle East urging a de-escalation of tensionsMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 10:47 am
- President Biden will soon be working with a new chief of staffSun, Jan 29, 2023 at 8:19 pm
- President Biden and House Speaker McCarthy are polar opposites when it comes to the debt ceiling debateSun, Jan 29, 2023 at 8:18 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
Former Twitter executives are scheduled to testify next month on the company’s role in stifling a story about Hunter Biden’s laptop in the weeks before the 2020 election. The former executives will testify before the House House Oversight and Accountability Committee.Listen Download
- China Warns House Speaker McCarthy Not To Visit TaiwanMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 5:08 pm
- GOP Senators Vow No Debt Hike Without Spending CutsMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 3:37 pm
- Senator Lindsey Graham Sees Room For Compromise On Qualified ImmunityMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 2:17 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Indictments have been handed up in attacks on pro-life pregnancy centers
VERBATIM: A federal grand jury has charged two Florida men with vandalizing pro-life facilities in Winter Haven, Hollywood and Hialeah. Marjorie Dannenfelser of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America says it’s about time, adding “Since the leak of the Dobbs decision eight months ago, there have been at least 79 attacks — including firebombings and threats of violence — on pregnancy centers and other nonprofits working to save lives.” She credits GOP lawmakers for pressuring the Department of Justice. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- The international governing body of track and field ponders transgenderismThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 9:55 am
- America’s parents talk about faith and their childrenWed, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:48 am
- A new look at abortion and race in AmericaTue, Jan 24, 2023 at 11:39 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 1-30Listen Download