5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
( ) -q-19- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “proxy for layoffs.”
U.S. applications for jobless aid fell again last week to their lowest level since April.
[CutID: <Cuts> JOBLESS-CLAIMS-house-q-THUam.mp3
Out-cue: proxy for layoffs]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. The latest figure is further evidence that the job market has withstood aggressive rate hikes by the Federal Reserve as it attempts to cool the economy and bring down inflation.
VERBATIM: The Labor Department says applications for jobless aid in the U.S. for the week ending January 28 fell by 3,000 last week to 183,000. It was the third straight week claims were under 200,000 and the fifth straight weekly decline. Jobless claims generally serve as a proxy for layoffs.
- Meta posts lower Q4 profit, announces huge stock buybackThu, Feb 2, 2023 at 10:03 am
- Sunak marks 100 days as UK prime minister as problems mountThu, Feb 2, 2023 at 10:00 am
- An ultimatum is delivered to Russia by Austria concerning diplomatsThu, Feb 2, 2023 at 9:58 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
- Biden takes aim at Apple, Google mobile app storesWed, Feb 1, 2023 at 12:11 pm
- FBI searches Biden beach home for classified documentsWed, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:47 am
- GOP Rep. Santos steps down from committees amid ethics questionsTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 11:19 am
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
The FBI has searched President Joe Biden’s Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, home as part of its investigation into the potential mishandling of classified documents. Biden’s attorney says that agents didn’t find any classified documents during the Wednesday search, but did take some handwritten notes and other materials relating to Biden’s time as vice president for review.Listen Download
- McDonald’s Reports Stronger Sales In Fourth QuarterTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 4:38 pm
- Former Twitter Executives To Testify Before House Oversight PanelMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 5:32 pm
- China Warns House Speaker McCarthy Not To Visit TaiwanMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 5:08 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Is there an anti-woke rebellion going on in the National Hockey League?
VERBATIM: Well, something’s up. Last week the New York Rangers were hosting LGBT pride night at their arena. Team officials announced that the players would be wearing LGBT pride jerseys and rainbow tape on their sticks during pre-game warm-ups. But when the players came skating out, NONE of them were wearing the pride gear. One week earlier, a similar event was planned for the Philadelphia Flyers and defenseman Ivan Provorov refused to participate. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- The United Methodist Church continues to shrinkTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 9:15 am
- Indictments handed up in attacks on pro-life pregnancy centersFri, Jan 27, 2023 at 9:38 am
- The international governing body of track and field ponders transgenderismThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 9:55 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 2-2Listen Download