5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
- China and Taiwan are at odds over a trade pact involving AustraliaWed, Sep 27, 2023 at 9:23 am
- Medicare open enrollment begins next monthWed, Sep 27, 2023 at 9:18 am
- A Meta conference focuses on artificial intelligenceWed, Sep 27, 2023 at 9:12 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
Republican candidates took aim at Donald Trump for skipping the debate at the Reagan presidential library. He may have been physically absent, but Trump was very much a part of the debate discussion. Ron DeSantis and Chris Christie were the most vocal in criticizing the former president. Trump, who also skipped the first debate, held a competing event in Michigan with autoworkers.Listen Download
- Serious issues were debated amid some GOP squabblingThu, Sep 28, 2023 at 1:10 am
- GOP candidates attack Biden, Trump, each other in 2nd debateThu, Sep 28, 2023 at 12:13 am
- Debate stage positions set for 7 GOP presidential candidatesWed, Sep 27, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer [D-NY] is laying the groundwork to blame House Republicans for an expected government shutdown at the end of the month. In a letter to his Democrat colleagues Schumer writes that any shutdown will be the result f what he calls “political games” by House Republicans. Fiscal House conservatives are demanding 2024 spending cuts deeper than those already agreed to by Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and the white house. And they’ve vowed not to budge, even if the budget stalemate leads to a shutdown at the end of September. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell has said the senate GOP will not support House bills demanding the deeper than agreed upon cuts.Listen Download
- President Biden Says McConnell Was “His Old Self” In Phone CallFri, Sep 1, 2023 at 6:10 am
- Former Senator: “Huge Difference” Between Biden, McConnell ConfusionThu, Aug 31, 2023 at 4:53 pm
- “Medically Clear”. Capitol Doctor Says McConnell Fit To Perform DutiesThu, Aug 31, 2023 at 4:47 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Christians are finding an unlikely ally in the battle over the gay agenda
VERBATIM: Muslims. They don’t see eye to eye with Christians theologically, but they beginning to join them in efforts to curb the LGBT advance — especially in the schools. Earlier this year the city of Hamtramck, Michigan — whose city council is ALL-MUSLIM — voted to ban the display of the rainbow flag in all public spaces. This presents a real problem for gay activists, who have always aligned themselves with minority groups, without considering what those minorities believe. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- A new poll provides insight into non-Christians and their beliefs about GodFri, Sep 22, 2023 at 12:42 pm
- A battle over transgenderism in IndianaThu, Sep 21, 2023 at 12:01 pm
- Promise Keepers is getting canceledWed, Sep 20, 2023 at 10:17 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 9-28Listen Download