Audio
5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hour
Listen Now »
News
View More »
Another fighter jet mishap on the USS Harry S. Truman
More trouble for the USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier. An F/A-18 fighter jet landing on the Truman in the Red Sea went overboard, forcing its two pilots to eject. They were later rescued by a helicopter and suffered minor injuries. The incident marks the latest mishap to mar the deployment of the Truman. Last month, another fighter jet slipped off the hangar deck of the Truman. The F/A-18s cost about 60 million dollars apiece.
Listen Download- The Senate’s number two Democrat says this term will be his last.Thu, Apr 24, 2025 at 6:53 am
- Americans remember the one U.S. visit by Pope FrancisMon, Apr 21, 2025 at 8:12 am
- Pope Francis has died.Mon, Apr 21, 2025 at 6:19 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondent
View More »
Trump open to Putin meeting even if Putin refuses to meet with Zelenskyy
President Trump is open to a possible meeting with Russia’s Vladimir Putin without Ukraine’s leader. After Putin said he hopes to meet next week with Donald Trump, possibly in the United Arab Emirates, a White House official said the Russian leader would need to also agree to meet with Ukrainian President Zelenskyy. But late Thursday afternoon, President Trump said he would meet with Putin even if Putin won’t meet with Zelenskyy. Moscow is facing a Trump administration deadline to show progress toward ending the 3-year-old war with Ukraine.
Listen Download- Donald Trump’s global tariffs are now in effectThu, Aug 7, 2025 at 3:21 pm
- Trump wants to exclude illegal immigrants from U.S. CensusThu, Aug 7, 2025 at 10:55 am
- Trump says meeting with Russia’s Putin could happen soonWed, Aug 6, 2025 at 6:41 pm
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondent
View More »
Trump Nemesis Jack Smith Under Investigation By Office Of Special Counsel
Federal officials have opened an investigation into Jack Smith, the former special counsel who investigated then-candidate Donald Trump before his reelection. The Office of Special Counsel, an independent federal agency has confirmed that Smith is now under investigation on suspicions he engaged in illegal political activity. Smith was named special counsel to investigate Trump by then-Attorney General Merrick Garland in November 2022. He prosecuted two federal cases against Republican candidate Trump in the lead-up to the November 2024 presidential election. President Trump and his Republican allies, including Sen. Tom Cotton, have accused Smith of violating the Hatch Act, a federal law that bans certain public officials from engaging in political activity.
Listen Download- GOP Sen. Schmitt: It’s Time To Sell The Big Beautiful Bill To Everyday AmericansFri, Aug 1, 2025 at 3:39 pm
- Senator Cornyn Says Hamas Won’t Allow U.N. To Distribute Food In GazaFri, Aug 1, 2025 at 2:34 pm
- Thune May Use Extended Recess To Allow Trump To Make AppointmentsFri, Aug 1, 2025 at 5:21 am
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondent
View More »
President Trump Reaches Deal with House GOP
President Donald Trump has announced that he made a deal with most of the House Republicans who derailed a procedural vote on a package of legislation, including three cryptocurrency bills. More on this from Bernie Bennett.
VERBATIM: President Trump wrote on Truth Social Tuesday night: “I am in the Oval Office with 11 of the 12 Congressmen/women necessary to pass the GENIUS Act and, after a short discussion, they have all agreed to vote tomorrow morning in favor of the Rule.
“Speaker of the House Mike Johnson was at the meeting via telephone, and looks forward to taking the Vote as early as possible. I want to thank the Congressmen/women for their quick and positive response. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”
The deal followed days of GOP infighting that threatened to stall the president’s legislative agenda in the House.
Bernie Bennett, Washington.
Listen Download- Senate Holds “Vote-a-rama” on Recissions BillWed, Jul 16, 2025 at 5:25 am
- Rep. Stefanik Breaks Fundraising RecordWed, Jul 16, 2025 at 5:19 am
- An Active Shooter Attacking Border Patrol Agents is NeutralizedMon, Jul 7, 2025 at 4:16 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editor
View More »
Planned Parenthood has left Louisiana
Planned Parenthood has left Louisiana
VERBATIM: The nation’s largest abortion business has closed its last two clinics in the predominantly pro-life state. Ben Clapper of Louisiana Right To Life tells LifeNews.com “When Planned Parenthood built their New Orleans facility, they intended it to become a mega-abortion center, aiming to perform nearly 3,000 abortions every year. But thanks to our united efforts, not a single abortion was ever performed there. Now, that facility is shutting down.” MH SRN NEWS
Listen Download- An Indiana music teacher will get his day in courtThu, Aug 7, 2025 at 8:23 am
- Runners are preparing to spread the pro-life messageWed, Aug 6, 2025 at 9:29 am
- The Trump administration makes a decision on IVFWed, Aug 6, 2025 at 9:28 am
Business
View More »AM WALL STREET BUSINESS – 8-07-2025
AM WALL STREET BUSINESS – 8-07-2025
Listen Download- AM WALL STREET BUSINESS – 8-06-2025Wed, Aug 6, 2025 at 6:47 am
- AM WALL STREET BUSINESS – 8-05-2025Tue, Aug 5, 2025 at 6:17 am
- AM WALL STREET BUSINESS – 8-04-2025Mon, Aug 4, 2025 at 6:13 am
Sports
View More »- AM SPORTSCAST – 8-06-2025Wed, Aug 6, 2025 at 6:47 am
- AM SPORTSCAST – 8-05-2025Tue, Aug 5, 2025 at 6:35 am
- AM SPORTSCAST – 8-04-2025Mon, Aug 4, 2025 at 6:11 am