5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hourListen Now »
NewsView More »
( ) -q-22- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “Super Bowl MVPs.”
Tom Brady says he’s retiring.
[CutID: <Cuts> BRADY-RETIRES-house-q-WEDam.mp3
Out-cue: Super Bowl MVPs]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. Brady owns NFL records including most wins, most passes, most completions, most yards and most touchdowns, both in the regular season and in the postseason.
VERBATIM: Noting that he’s not going to change his mind, Brady posted a video on social media in which he announced his retirement. He admitted that while he said the same thing one year ago today, but he insists that this time there’s no going back. Brady quarterbacked his teams to an unprecedented seven Super Bowl titles. He’s also the only player with five Super Bowl MVPs.
- Biden lawyer: FBI searches Biden’s Rehoboth Beach, Del. homeWed, Feb 1, 2023 at 12:02 pm
- Apple and Google app stores get thumbs down from White HouseWed, Feb 1, 2023 at 12:00 pm
- GM 4Q earnings rise 16% as sales rebound at end of last yearTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 10:18 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondentView More »
- FBI searches Biden beach home for classified documentsWed, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:47 am
- GOP Rep. Santos steps down from committees amid ethics questionsTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 11:19 am
- Ukraine requests fighter jets; Biden says no F-16sTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 11:02 am
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondentView More »
Adult Happy Meals and other limited-time promotions boosted traffic at McDonald’s restaurants during the fourth quarter despite higher prices. The company says global same-store sales __ or sales at stores open at least a year __ rose 12.6% in the October-December period. That beat Wall Street’s expectations. U.S. sales soared in October after McDonald’s launched adult Happy Meals featuring limited-edition toys designed by the streetwear brand Cactus Plant Flea Market. But McDonald’s warned that higher prices for food, labor and energy will weigh on its operating margins this year, especially in the U.S. and Europe.Listen Download
- Former Twitter Executives To Testify Before House Oversight PanelMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 5:32 pm
- China Warns House Speaker McCarthy Not To Visit TaiwanMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 5:08 pm
- GOP Senators Vow No Debt Hike Without Spending CutsMon, Jan 30, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondentView More »
The former President is kicking off his 2024 campaign with two stops along the East Coast. More from Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
Former President Donald Trump kicked off his 2024 White House bid with a stop Saturday in New Hampshire before heading to South Carolina, appearances in early-voting states marking the first campaign events since announcing his latest run more than two months ago.
Those states hold two of the party’s first three nominating contests, giving them enormous power in selecting the nominee.
Mr. Trump and his allies hope the events will offer a show of force behind the former president after a sluggish start to his campaign. In recent weeks, his backers have reached out to political operatives and elected officials to secure support for Mr. Trump at a critical point when other Republicans are preparing their own expected challenges.
Bernie Bennett reporting.Listen Download
- Migration Within the Country Grows the Population of the SouthSat, Jan 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
- New Inflation ReportThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:03 pm
- New Poll on the Selection of House SpeakerThu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editorView More »
Is there an anti-woke rebellion going on in the National Hockey League?
VERBATIM: Well, something’s up. Last week the New York Rangers were hosting LGBT pride night at their arena. Team officials announced that the players would be wearing LGBT pride jerseys and rainbow tape on their sticks during pre-game warm-ups. But when the players came skating out, NONE of them were wearing the pride gear. One week earlier, a similar event was planned for the Philadelphia Flyers and defenseman Ivan Provorov refused to participate. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
- The United Methodist Church continues to shrinkTue, Jan 31, 2023 at 9:15 am
- Indictments handed up in attacks on pro-life pregnancy centersFri, Jan 27, 2023 at 9:38 am
- The international governing body of track and field ponders transgenderismThu, Jan 26, 2023 at 9:55 am
BusinessView More »
WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 2-1Listen Download