ATLANTA (AP) — The judge overseeing the Georgia election interference case against Donald Trump indicated Friday that he would rule within the next two weeks on whether to remove Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from the case over a romantic relationship with a top prosecutor.
After several days of...
SKELLYTOWN, Texas (AP) — First, the flames came storming across the vistas of the Texas Panhandle, burning through the grassy plains and scrub land of the region’s cattle ranches.
By Friday, ranchers faced a grim task: Search miles of scorched earth to dispose of the...
WOODSTOCK, Ga. (AP) — Hundreds of mourners lined up Friday at a church outside Atlanta to pay respects to the family of Laken Riley, the nursing student was found slain after she went out for a morning jog on the University of Georgia campus.
Police arrested a suspect, Jose...
- Trump endorses Mark Robinson for North Carolina governor and compares him to Martin Luther King Jr.
- Norfolk Southern train derails in Pennsylvania
- Trump escalates his immigration rhetoric with baseless claim about Biden trying to overthrow the US
- 2 races, including crowded chief justice campaign, could push Arkansas court further to the right
- Oregon may revive penalties for drug possession. What will the change do?
- Medical incident likely led to SUV crashing into Walmart store, authorities say
- The semi driver rescued dangling from a bridge had been struck by an oncoming vehicle: mayor
- How US airdrops of humanitarian aid into Gaza can help and why the operation is complicated
- The Missouri governor shortens the DWI prison sentence of former Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid
- Three trains involved in ‘collision and derailment’ in eastern Pennsylvania; no injuries reported
- US military aircraft airdrop thousands of meals into Gaza in emergency humanitarian aid operation
- Fear and loathing in a Super Tuesday state: Democrats angry at Biden back him anyway to stop Trump
- An arrest has been made and charges filed in Pennsylvania slaying of pregnant Amish woman
- How clean is the dirt on Hunter Biden? A key Republican source is charged with lying to the FBI
- Truck driver pulled to safety after crash leaves vehicle dangling over bridge across Ohio River
- Firefighters face difficult weather conditions as they battle the largest wildfire in Texas history
- Homeless crackdown gains momentum in California as US Supreme Court test looms
- Alaska’s 52nd annual Iditarod sled dog race mushes to starting line
- A massive blizzard howls in the Sierra Nevada. High winds and heavy snow close roads and ski resorts
- Alaska’s Iditarod dogs get neon visibility harnesses after 5 were fatally hit while training
- Divided Michigan GOP finds common ground in awarding all its presidential delegates to Trump
- Ukraine’s troops are rationing ammunition. Yet House Republicans plan to take weeks to mull more aid
- Trump wins caucuses in Missouri and Idaho and sweeps Michigan GOP convention
- A New Jersey city that limited street parking hasn’t had a traffic death in 7 years
- Federal officials will investigate Oklahoma school following nonbinary teenager’s death
- Oregon lawmakers pass bill to recriminalize drug possession
- Film director who was shot by Alec Baldwin says it felt like being hit by a baseball bat
- Man charged with attacking police in Times Square, vilified in Trump ad, was misidentified, DA says
- Philadelphia death row inmate was never in the photo lineup that helped convict him. Now, he’s free.
- Writer for conservative media outlet surrenders to face Capitol riot charges
- Xcel Energy utility equipment started Texas wildfire, homeowner says in lawsuit
- Colorado lawmakers clash over bills to protect transgender people’s use of a chosen name
- Marine general taking steps to return to full duty as commandant several months after heart attack
- An SUV crashed into a Walmart in suburban Detroit, injuring 5 people, police say
- California approves Waymo robotaxi services in LA, SF neighboring cities
- Wisconsin Supreme Court rejects Democrats’ congressional redistricting challenge
- Jury convicts first rioter to enter Capitol building during Jan. 6 attack
- Family and advocates want solution to legal loophole after the death of Audrii Cunningham
- U of Florida axes diversity and inclusion office under GOP-led law aimed at ridding similar programs
- More than 100 US Capitol rioters’ sentences could be shortened, under court ruling
- Kentucky House backs giving lawmakers authority over statues in Capitol Rotunda
- Pentagon to lift ban on V-22 Osprey flights, 3 months after fatal crash in Japan
- President Joe Biden signs short-term spending bill to avoid partial government shutdown
- New Jersey businessman pleads guilty and agrees to cooperate in Sen. Bob Menendez’s corruption case
- Biden signs stopgap spending bill to avert government shutdown, White House says
- US awards outspoken Cuban dissident with ‘Woman of Courage’ honor
- US CDC drops five-day COVID isolation guidelines
- A day after Capitol lockdown, Maryland official says text-message alert system has been in the works
- House Republicans send new Justice Department subpoenas in impeachment inquiry, drawing pushback
- Missouri police charge man with 2 counts first-degree murder after officer, court employee shot