Salem Radio Network News Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Sports

Justin Thomas making competitive golf return on TGL

Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

Justin Thomas is set to return to competition next week — just not yet on the PGA Tour.

Thomas announced Tuesday that his first start since undergoing microdiscectomy surgery will come in TGL, where he’ll compete for Atlanta Drive GC on Monday. He shared this news in a reply to a social media post from country singer Luke Bryan, confirming a comeback date that has been trending for weeks.

The 32-year-old hasn’t played competitively since the Ryder Cup in September. He underwent the procedure in November to address a disc issue that he said had caused “nagging hip pain” for months, and he was cleared for full golf activity earlier this month.

“I’m looking to come back competitively at some point during the Florida swing. I know how important it is to get this injury behind me so that I’m only looking forward over the course of the season,” Thomas said in January.

The Florida swing begins with the Cognizant Classic, which takes place Feb. 26-March 1 about a half hour from Thomas’ home in Jupiter.

Atlanta Drive plays a doubleheader Monday, first against Boston Common Golf at 5 p.m. ET, then vs. Los Angeles Golf Club at 9 p.m. Thomas was a centerpiece of Atlanta’s title run in the TGL’s first season in 2025, lifting the SoFi Cup, and now he gets his first live reps since surgery.

Thomas, a 16-time winner on tour, finished seventh in the FedEx Cup standings in 2025 after recording eight top-10 finishes, including winning the RBC Heritage in a playoff.

–Field Level Media

Previous
Next
The Media Line News
X CLOSE