Salem Radio Network News Saturday, November 29, 2025

World

Vessel manager confirms one of five suspected deaths tied to ship sunk by Houthis in Red Sea

Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

ATHENS (Reuters) -Greece’s Cosmoship Management on Thursday said one person is believed dead and four more have not been seen since Houthi militants attacked the Eternity C cargo ship in the Red Sea this week.

Maritime security sources have said that four people were believed to have been killed during the repeated raids on the Liberia-flagged ship that started on Monday.

Twenty-one mariners, including at least two armed guards, later abandoned the vessel. Since then, 10  of them have been rescued.

The manager of the Eternity C said another 10 individuals remain unaccounted for and that the company was working through multiple channels to verify a Houthi claim that the Iran-aligned group had picked up some crew after the vessel went down on Wednesday.

The company said it has asked all ships in the area to assist in the ongoing search, and is also working to provide families with timely updates.

(Reporting by Renee Maltezou in Athens; Writing by Lisa Baertlein in Los Angeles; Editing by Chris Reese and Matthew Lewis)

Previous
Next
The Media Line News
Salem Media, our partners, and affiliates use cookies and similar technologies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, personalize site content, and deliver relevant video recommendations. By using this website and continuing to navigate, you consent to our use of such technologies and the sharing of video viewing activity with third-party partners in accordance with the Video Privacy Protection Act and other privacy laws. Privacy Policy
OK
X CLOSE